Thursday, January 31, 2013

Life's Tightrope

Between taking responsibility for myself and knowing when to stand my ground, there is a tightrope that I have fallen from many times. Hold on! I’m not even sure I ever walked on it before, but I know I’m on it now. Self-nourishing and the pursuit of my own happiness are the foundations of my energy, health and vitality. Without this, I can do neither, be responsible nor stand my ground. Avoiding people who push my buttons is fine for a while, but sooner or later, it will catch up with me. They will show up again eventually in people I cannot avoid, like bosses, co-workers, even my own children. So, I will choose to face up to the bullies in my life, but on my terms and conditions. When I am full food for my soul, when my whole body language emanates confidence and wellbeing, when the adult in me is in charge, not the worried child, who wants to please and be perfect. There is no perfection, there is only finding the tightrope everyday, and staying on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment