Sunday, January 27, 2013

Looking for a Kinder World

International Holocaust Remembrance day is today and it’s a full moon. I see nothing greater to do today than to shift the energies of our nature by connecting with nature. Cruelty to others is not random. It comes from a sick ego. Our collective illness causes atrocities like the holocaust. Do not be fooled into thinking that we are healed. We are not. You and I are safe, for now. But our disregard for each other and the earth will catch up. We tend to pick on the most vulnerable, the ones who cannot defend themselves, the voiceless, the most generous. In our homes, it may be our children, our aging parents, our partner or our pets. In nature, it is our trees, our skies, our waters, our very core. This self-destructive behavior is that of an unruly child. My solution is ritual. It is a very simple one that comes from my own inner urgings. It involves walking in a setting that wild and free, and focusing on what is all around, feeling it within. Then allowing myself to be guided by it. Sometimes a conversation happens in my mind, and I “hear” words of wisdom, love and guidance. Others, I experience a phase of thoughtlessness, like I enter a vision. I am pulled back from the world of my thoughts, into a peacefulness, full of color. I leave this place and time with great gratitude. Let us connect today with the fullness of the moon. It is a constant parent, regulating the tides, mysteriously working with our birthing processes. Its healing and glory causes our wolves to celebrate it. Let us pause for a moment today and feel this wholeness. It exists within us, whether we ignore it or not. We need to see the lost frightened, hungry child inside ourselves and others, not to scold it, but to acknowledge it and care for it. Doing this will make a kinder world. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment